Visitors have accessed this post 1890 times.cPanel has been the platform where the server management, website control, flexibility in operations are at the fingertips. It includes both a user-level interface (cPanel) with self-explanatory nature, Revenue Generating Add Ons, Plugins, Third Party Softaculous Licenses.Now, Did you know managing a website with a Cpanel is just magical? It can be dealt with only five operations. Now let’s discuss what those are.
cPanel Tips to Manage Your Website
1. File ManagerCpanel has brought to you an option to handle website files with ease, the File Manager is the same as your windows File explorer, every file of your website can be managed for this section only. It allows you to upload an individual file or a Zipped file on the server.Now when the files are uploaded on the server and to execute these files we would require some of the applications, To download and set up all those software Cpanel has a section named
2. Softaculous InstallerThis is a one-stop installer for all the default applications required to execute the files, Here you can get all your required apps installed without any hassle. So far installation, uploading the files to your server, make them globally live, Now one more most important thing we would check for a website is the statistics.
3. Metrics-AWStatsClick on the Visitors icon under the Metrics section of cPanel Home. You will see the list of domains available.
Analytics is a good technique to have a clear picture of the source of the traffic coming to the site. Cpanel offers you the option to check the data traffic source, Browser of the visitor, Operating system of the visitor, HTTP Codes, and their operations on the website. This is helpful in a way to analyze how your site looks at the user side, from where you get the traffic and many more things.The Awstats interface displays traffic statistics from the Advanced Web Statistics (AWStats) software, which compiles information about how users access your website.
4. Server InformationIt is important to ensure that your server has adequate space for your website resources to run properly.
Once everything is set up for a website and it gets populated with the data the only thing left behind will be monitoring the number of resources utilized and the resources left out, Since the server is shared there might be consequences that storage is utilized by the fellow hosted client.
These keys are needed in order to configure an SSH connection from your local computer to the server. The public key is saved on the server and you will have to insert the private in your local SSH software.
Leech Protect allows you to prevent your users from giving out or publicly posting their passwords to a restricted area of your site. This feature will redirect accounts that have been compromised to a URL of your choice (and suspend them, if you choose).
6. AdvancedIn advanced option Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site.
You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.Network Tools allow a user to find out information about any domain, or to trace the route from the server your site is on to the computer you are accessing cPanel from.
Finding out information about a domain can be useful in making sure your DNS is set up properly as you will find out information about your IP address as well as your DNS.